COMPAS works throughout the state of Minnesota (and sometimes beyond) to infuse the arts and artmaking into communities large and small.
COMPAS programs could take place anywhere. At a local senior center or library, in a recreation center or a hospital. Anywhere people gather, a COMPAS artist is ready to go to work. By drawing on the wide and varied expertise of our Roster Artists, we believe we can tailor-make a successful plan for just about any situation. Ask us about Residencies, Performances, Workshops or Exhibits. Let's see what we can come up with, together.
Here are some of the options we can provide:
- Arts in Health Care strengthens community and wellness in health care sites around the Twin Cities and beyond. From neighborhood clinics to facilities for behavioral health, teen medical services, long-term therapy or end-of-life care, we have found that engaging in art stimulates recovery, increases quality of life, and connects staff and patients to each other in deeper ways.
- Artful Aging connects with people in senior living centers. COMPAS partners with ARTSAGE to provide engaging, artistic experiences for people of all ages.
- ArtsWork offers an opportunity for youth to apprentice under professional artists in a work environment. ArtsWork projects take place each summer in the visual, literary or performing arts.
- Community and Recreation Centers can bring in a COMPAS artist for their arts programming needs. Learn more about our artists
- Libraries and Festivals: COMPAS artists have performed for children's storytime, library "open house" days, and celebrations of literature, arts and culture held in libraries across the state. COMPAS artists can present workshops, participate in art activity booths, or perform mainstage shows for fairs and festivals.